ERIE, PA – Zurn Industries, LLC, the leader in engineered water solutions, has launched two new
continuing education (CEU) courses for architects that address water safety and sanitation–
bringing the total roster of recent Zurn learning units to six.
Both new Zurn CEUs are available in streaming HD video via The Continuing Architect (TCA):
release on TCA by the end of 2014.
The two new Zurn courses are:
* “Potable Water Safety Through Backflow Prevention” outlines the various options to prevent
backflow contamination caused by backsiphonage or backpressure. Only one percent of the
world’s water supply is potable and in liquid form (as opposed to frozen water trapped in
glaciers and polar caps).
* “Creating a Sanitary Water Environment” explains how sanitation can be achieved at the
beginning of a building’s life through the building’s design. When a building’s water system is
viewed holistically, it becomes apparent that there are many possible points of contamination
that can be avoided through design considerations.
“Although sustainability remains a top priority for Zurn, we have broadened our area of focus
with our new Zurn AIA-approved continuing education courses" says Christine Verdecchia,
Director of Communications for Zurn. “In these two new CEUs, Zurn now turns the focus to
water safety and sanitation, a growing concern for architects, engineers, and others in the
building and water solutions fields. Zurn believes in the importance of delivering world-class
education to our specifying customers.”
The links to all of the Zurn CEUs launched thus far are:
1. “Sustainable Restroom Design”
2. “Siphonic Roof Drain Systems”
3. “Innovative Water Conservation Fixture Systems”
4. “Fundamentals of Trench Drain Systems”
5. “Potable Water Safety Through Backflow Prevention”
6. “Creating a Sanitary Water Environment”
Successful completion of each course qualifies an architect for one CES HSW LU credit with the
American Institute of Architects (AIA).